How do I delete state income tax on Schedule A for 2018

My property taxes are over $10,000 which is the limit deductible for state income tax and property tax deduction. I do not want to deduct state income tax paid because I don't want to be taxed on any state income tax refund.

Go to the sales tax interview and say to take the sales tax deduction even thought the state income tax deductions is more.  That will remove the state income tax from Schedule A line 5a

The Form 1099-G received for 2018 still must be entered.  As it refers to a refund of taxes paid against 2017.

Scruffy Curmudgeon
PFFM, IAFF, Locals 718 & 30, retired firefighter/medic; university instructor
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------