turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taxes0631
Returning Member

Where on the 1065 to I report interest paid to LLC financed mortage. I reported the sale last year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where on the 1065 to I report interest paid to LLC financed mortage. I reported the sale last year.

Based on the facts, the interest income should be reflected on Sch K line 5 and also on Sch K-1 line 5 for each member of the LLC.   This is just portfolio interest since earning interest is not the main activity of the LLC (ie lending institution).

I assume you have an amortization schedule that will provide you with the information you need based on payments received.

The principal of the note will be reflected on your balance sheet as an asset.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Need some additional details as the current facts are not sufficient to provide a response.
taxes0631
Returning Member

The house was part of a LLC . We never lived in the house, it was always a rental. We sold it last year and claimed the whole sale. This year I have to claim the interest on the self financed loan. I thought I had to claim it on the 1065 as business interest earned but I can't find a place for it, So now I'm thinking I have to claim it as Income on my 1040 because the sale of  house has already been claimed. Is this right?

A couple of follow-up questions:

1) You sold the rental that was owned by the LLC and picked up the entire gain and paid all of the tax, even though you did not receive all the sale proceeds?
2) Confirm that you elected out of the installment sale method even though you have not received all the proceeds
3) Who holds the note?  The LLC or you individually?
4) Does this LLC have other rentals, or what other business is the LLC involved in?
taxes0631
Returning Member

Yes we claimed the whole sale even though we didn't receive all the proceeds. We did elect out of the installment payments. We have other rental properties in the LLC.

The LLC holds the note?
taxes0631
Returning Member

Yes, we did the sale through an attorney. It was a mobile home not a house. The sale was only for 20 something so we claimed the whole thing in one year.

Based on the facts, the interest income should be reflected on Sch K line 5 and also on Sch K-1 line 5 for each member of the LLC.   This is just portfolio interest since earning interest is not the main activity of the LLC (ie lending institution).

I assume you have an amortization schedule that will provide you with the information you need based on payments received.

The principal of the note will be reflected on your balance sheet as an asset.

taxes0631
Returning Member

Thanks
taxes0631
Returning Member

Where do I enter the interest amount so it shows up on line 5?

I am on an IOS platform and the TT Business software is Windows only.  As a result I can't tell you specifically where to input it.  However, I would imagine there is a search function, help function that should provide assistance.
taxes0631
Returning Member

Thanks, I hate to keep bothering you. This is just so annoying to me. It's the only part I just don't seem to get!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies