turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So I'm doing my taxes at another place and they are asking for a asset depreciation schedule. Wherecan I get this? Doesn't seem to be located with my prior years tax form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

So I'm doing my taxes at another place and they are asking for a asset depreciation schedule. Wherecan I get this? Doesn't seem to be located with my prior years tax form

SCH C business assets? Or SCH E rental assets? Maybe SCH F farm assets?

If SCH E assets, then in your 2019 tax return you will find two IRS Form 4562's that print in landscape format. One is titled "Depreciation and Amortization Report" and the other is "Alternative Minimum Tax Report". You'll also need the Form 8582 showing your PAL carry overs. The 8582 will only exist if you did "in fact" have any carry overs in 2019 to be carried over to 2020.

Thanks for the reply but they say that's not what they are looking for. They need to see what's been depreciated and how it's being depreciated. 

Do yourself a favor ... download a fresh PDF of the prior year return (which includes all the info they require IF  you have been properly depreciating the assets).  Then put the PDF on a thumb drive and let them extract what info they need ... do NOT try to print 100+ pages of the return. 

Carl
Level 15

They need to see what's been depreciated and how it's being depreciated.

It's all there in black and white, on the 4562 title "Depreciation and Amortization Report".

-The name of the asset

-The date the asset was placed in service

-The cost of the asset

-The depreciation method used

-The convention used in the first year

-The total amount of prior year's depreciation already taken

-The amount of depreciation taken in the current tax year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies