Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should TT 2023 Home and Business recognize Tax Schedule.TXF created by Quicken Business & Personal for Windows?

Trying to import Schedule C and other info from Quicken Business and Personal Ver R54.16 build 27.1.54.16 for windows. 

1st chose Quicken (2023, 2022, 2021) to import from -->select my Quicken Data File--> then TaxSchedule RESULT: "The import file is not a TXF file!"

2nd try: chose Other Financial Software (TXF file) --> same result "The import file is not a TXF file!"

Importing was so easy in the past. How does one import into TT Home and Business 2023 for Windows WinPerRelease xxx.xxx.xxxx ??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Should TT 2023 Home and Business recognize Tax Schedule.TXF created by Quicken Business & Personal for Windows?

Yes. I believe this was resolved in a recent update.

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm actually using the desktop version. Even so I decided to clear my browsing history and caches. I also up

While I was able to import 1099 from my financial institution I am still unable to import from QUICKEN

When I attempt this it takes me to Quicken, asks me my password, opens, gathers my tax data. When click on the TaxSchedule radio button and click "import now" it thinks a bit then says a small window pops up and says "The import file is not a TXF file!"

This is frustrating at there are 8 pages of tax data on the Tax Schedule I print out from Quicken.

What now?

Thanks, Kevin

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It appears you need to look under Reports in Quicken.  

Under Reports> Tax> Tax Schedule   

The icon next to the printer when hovering over it says Export Report Data to Different Formats.   

There is an option for Report to Tax Export File (TXF).   

I just attempted the "Reporting to Tax Export File" approach. Same error. Is there a repair function in TT and Quicken I can run?

TurboTax 2.pngTurboTax 1.png

I am having the same issue and cant find an alternate solution. I am using latest Quicken R54.16 and Turbotax Deluxe. Neither Import from Quicken or import from Quicken Exported .txf file works. HELP!

Also, I can import "CapGains" directly from Quicken with no issues. Seems like a bug with "TaxSchedule" import only... (oh yes, and Turbotax is at he latest update level "WinPerRelease 023.000.0435.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

You might post your question to the QuickBooks support forum here: https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-online. 

Other QuickBooks users may have a solution posted there.

I don't understand. Are you suggesting I ask this question of Quickbook users? 

Because I am using Quicken.

Please clarify

No I am using Quicken Deluxe with TurboTax Deluxe...both are windows desktop versions. I have also asked the question in the TurboTax Deluxe thread. This just seemed like the same issue.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please check with the Quicken Community: https://community.quicken.com/

I'm trying to import the 2023Tax Schedule from Quicken Business and Personal Ver R54.16 build 27.1.54.16 for windows into TT 2023 Home & Business WinPerRelease Ver 023.0435

I tried after updating TT this morning. It did NOT WORK when importing 2023 tax information.

On a whim I tried importing the current YTD 2024 information. 2024 imported without issue.

So there is a BUG in here somewhere.

Here is what I got when I tried to import 2023 info. Remember, 2024's YTD imported fine:

1st try chose Quicken (2023, 2022, 2021) to import from -->select my Quicken Data File--> then TaxSchedule RESULT: "The import file is not a TXF file!"

2nd try: chose Other Financial Software (TXF file) --> same result "The import file is not a TXF file!"

Is TurboTax aware of this issue? Is there a fix coming? Does anyone have a work around?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please contact the Quicken Community: https://community.quicken.com/

I have now done that. However, I don't understand why TurboTax isn't intersted in this issue.

Ever since TT and Quicken split the product and the customer service has declined precipitously at each company.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

In order to advance a current investigation into this issue we are asking if you would be willing to provide a sanitized copy of your Quicken .TXF file you are trying to import.  

The sanitized file should be emailed to ttax@intuit.com with a reference to INV-28640.

See the instructions in the link below to create the sanitized data file:

Quicken - What is a "sanitized file"?

@Klozaw 

@KLozaw1 

@cshiv 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies