Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pattygi69

Should I have to file state taxes in Florida if I reported as Self-Employed but do not have a business property or business company? I just filed my federal taxes.

I just filed my taxes, but did not prepared the state taxes, only federal. Is it right or not? I received a 1099-MISC, that's why I reported as Self-Employed, but at the end the system asked me to report the state taxes, which I understood that it is applied to those who have a business. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Should I have to file state taxes in Florida if I reported as Self-Employed but do not have a business property or business company? I just filed my federal taxes.

"... at the end the system asked me to report the state taxes"

Florida does not have a state individual income tax. 

The Florida return in TurboTax, Form DR-405, is to report tangible personal property used in connection with a Florida-located business or rental real estate and is printed and mailed to your county property appraiser's office by April 1st.

If you do not have tangible personal property to report, choose  Skip State  in the  State Taxes  section.

smdn13xx

I have an issue with this. After trying to "skip Sate" tt would not allow me to proceed.

Thanks!

The ot

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies