Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule K1 Box 20 Code V Multiple Amounts

I received Schedule K-1 and Box 20 shows "AJ*  STMT", "N*  STMT", "V*  STMT" and "Z*  STMT".  On page 2 of K-1, there are information for these codes, specifically code V has (1) Average Basis - Debt Financed Property, (2) Average Debt on Financed Property, (3) Direct Deductions from Debt Financed Property, (4) Gross Revenues from Debt Financed Property, and (5) S/L Depreciation on Debt Financed Property.  Each of these 5 items has a $ value. In TurboTax desktop, I am required to enter an amount as shown below. Do I need to enter the sum of these 5 items for code V below?

K1_Box20_CodeV.png

K1_Box20_CodeV_2.png

Thank you,

Tulane

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Per the IRS Instructions for Form 1065 Schedule K-2, Box 20 Code V, the information reported here applies to a partner that is a tax-exempt organization. In most cases, this does not apply to an individual taxpayer. You may omit Code V from your K-1 entries for Box 20.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi @PatriciaV ,

Per my Schedule K-1 Part II, I am considered an individual partner so I would think Code V also applies to me. If yes, then do I need to add all the amounts associated with Code V and enter that in Box 20?  And if it doesn't, does it hurt to just include it here?

K1_Box20_Partner.png

Thank you,

Tulane

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Are you a chartered tax-exempt organization? If not, you do not need to include the information from Box 20 Code V anywhere on your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi @PatriciaV ,

No, I do not believe this is a chartered tax-exempt organization. Thank you for your help.

Tulane

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies