Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule D, Line 12 should show same amount as Schedule K-1 (Form 1041), Box 4a. It does not. Should I put a wrong number in TT K-1 interview to make the return correct?

If I enter 11272 (the correct amount) in Schedule K-1 (1041) Box 4a, then Schedule D, Line 12 shows 5900 instead of 11272. If I enter 16644 in Schedule K-1 (1041) Box 4a, then Schedule D, Line 12 is 11272
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Schedule D, Line 12 should show same amount as Schedule K-1 (Form 1041), Box 4a. It does not. Should I put a wrong number in TT K-1 interview to make the return correct?

Line 12 aggregates long term gains or losses from multiple places.  Here's the description:  "The program will enter on line 5 the net long-term gain or loss from all Schedule K-1 Worksheets from partnerships, S corporations, and/or estates and trusts. The program will also include any long-term capital loss carryover from any Schedule K-1 Worksheet for the final year of an estate or trust."

Given your examples, it looks like you have a loss of -$5,372 coming from elsewhere on your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Note also, I'm not a Tax Preparer/CPA. Just a volunteer, seasoned, TurboTax user.
Use any advice accordingly!

Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies