aigra

Schedule c-- where do I enter payments for workers comp?

I pay workers comp for my employees.  Where do I ener this expense in turbo tax, and where does it show up in schedule c?

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Premiums for Workers Compensation Insurance may be reported under Insurance Premiums in the Common Business Expenses section .

To enter these premiums in TurboTax Self-Employed, please follow these steps:

1. On the Your 2019 self-employed work summary screen, click on Review next to your business. 
  2. On the Here's your [business] info screen, click on the box Add expenses for this work.  
  3. On the Tell us about any expenses screen, scroll down and mark the radio button for Business insurance and click Continue at the bottom of the screen.   
  4. Enter the amount you paid for Workers' Comp on the next screen, Let's enter the business insurance expenses...

The premiums will appear on line 15 of your Schedule C (insurance).

[Edited | 4/13/2020 |  12:10 pm PDT]

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 4/13/2020 |  12:10 pm PDT]