turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bruce81
Returning Member

Sch k-1 wks-partnership (Buggin' Out Skull Mounts): activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses

Yes, I got through to TT yesterday and said that if it updated on 2/20 that it might take overnight for the software to be updated. Obviously I am here again tonight trying to file and still no luck. Took my money though and I can't e-file, mail, or get a refund. I asked. I've noticed about 13 different threads talking about this and still no answer. Someone on another thread said its now 2/28 which is frustrating since I was waiting on 2/20. 

Sch k-1 wks-partnership (Buggin' Out Skull Mounts): activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses

Just as an update, I was finally able to get mine to go through. Not sure if I just happened to get lucky and the update hit (in general or just for my saved return, maybe it's rolling out in stages for saved ones? *shrugs*), or if something I did corrected something that should not have been triggering.

Also, for anyone that is curious, you can actually delete a form on the online app without having paid yet. It's in the tools menu on the left rail. For me, it affected my refund amount so those solutions from other threads that was not an option. Not sure if having paid first would have made a difference there or not but I don't see why.

What I ended up doing was deleting my K1's altogether, and entering them again from scratch. This time though, I did not enter any zeros, nor did I check any boxes where the amounts were zeros with the exception of box 20 that said Z*STMT.

I was reading something about TT counting zeros as positives so they should be left blank instead, so I decided to give it a whack and see since it seemed like folks contacting support essentially got nowhere anyway. Not sure if one of those zeros was erroneously triggering the error or what so figured I'd share the steps I took in case it helps anyone else.

Also not sure if going back and just editing the zeros and checked boxes for zero amounts out would have sufficed so maybe try that before deleting/re-entering from scratch.

Have a K1 from a 1120S. I did drop and re-add i.

Made no difference as I still have the K1 error stopping filling indicating that Intuit did not finish or properly implement something related to the K-1 or QBI, or both.

TomD257

Same here.  Restarted the app, checked for updates, removed K1 info and re-entered.  Same problem still.

conch1

Having the exact same problem. My tax preparer  (past 15 years) spent the better part of last week trying to get through to TT to find out when update to support the QBI deduction to no avail.  We did the TT upgrade ($10) hoping this might fix it. Received an email but no download attached! Today is 2/23/2020 and still unresolved.

He ran the numbers through his previous tax software and all computed exactly the same. Yet we cannot e-file

the TT return. How do you speak to a person at TT to get resolution?

"How do you speak to a person at TT to get resolution?"

You would only be able to speak with someone who handles phone support, not the developers who are responsible for software programming.

All of the delays are related to the 8995-A form, so if we are using 8995 then why does that error exist.

I've had this problem for 2 weeks. I received the same message after the alleged update on 02/20. I called on Friday (21st) and was told it would be fixed "within a couple of hours". I left it alone through the weekend and tried again today, without success. I called again and am now being told this is an "IRS Form" issue and that they cannot do anything until the IRS releases the information! What a crock! Try calling TT Business Support at [phone number removed]. That who i have been talking to about this.

So when will the update be released.  I can't file this return electronically.  

@llorie623 Sure they can if you are using 8995 and not 8995-A. The outstanding form clarifications are for

8995-A only.

So there is no reason for the error if TT has chose 8995 for you.

BTW...If you skip the error check, it appear one can file.

I'm experiencing this issue as well - I'm using TurboTax in the browser. It opens what looks like it should be the aforementioned Forms feature, but I also can't edit anything outside of the name of the business. My K-1 went through just fine last year, I'm struggling to understand why I can't edit anything on the form or why this is happening in the first place.

It should be available 24 hours after the IRS approves TurboTax to use the form. Currently, the IRS has not finalized the form. Here is the IRS web page to check the status of form 8995A: Available Forms and Limitations. Scroll down to Form 8995-A.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Here is the latest updates on when the forms will be released by the IRS. Please review this IRS link. for information on the latest updates. Looks like 2/28/2020 for the 8995A form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Intuit needs to explain why 8995 form users are being shown the error. 

BP2020

Same problem here.  I am claiming only mileage not auto expenses. Took out depreciation on 4592 worksheet and still have problem.  Still get error message and  still get 5995A form will be released soon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies