Solved: Regarding 1099s, the questions imply that I am the owner of the business where in fact I am a subcontracted masseuse working for a business and received my 1099 from them

Regarding 1099s, the questions imply that I am the owner of the business where in fact I am a subcontracted masseuse working for a business and received my 1099 from them

Am I right to pursue the submission or is there another place to add the 1099 where I’m not the owner of the business?

When you work on an independent contractor basis and you have 1099-MISC income, the IRS classifies you as self-employed and they look at you as having your "own business."  This is why the questions are implying that you are the owner of the business - because you are in the eyes of the IRS.  

But, the business they are talking about is you - not the place you did the contract work at.  So, you should simply answer the questions with your own information for the business - i.e. address, name, number etc.  You don't need to have a formal arrangement to be considered a business.