turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You cannot e-file this tax return because the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

Trying to E-File an S-Corp tax return with no errors and am getting "You cannot e-file this tax return because the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet". I though E-Filing was already open for TurboTax Business?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

41 Replies

You cannot e-file this tax return because the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

ME TOO! What is the solution? Any answers yet?

Also having this issue. I got on with support and the woman had me hold for 10 minutes to find a solution and then hung up on me.

duncan1

Keep getting this message: the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

What is going on with this ? Tried to file S-Corp taxes several times this weekend and again just now at 7:30 AM PST.

I got the same thing.. was on hold, told they would call me back, never did, then got email that my  case was closed! lol

So I did my own research and I THINK this is the reason:

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/irs-announces-e-file-open-day-be-the-first-in-line-for-you...

Mine still isn't allowing me to submit and shows that it has no updates.

duncan1

@cobmed sez:

1120S Error Message on Transmit for 2019
Returns- Intuit Filing Center Not Open
When trying to file my 1120S for 2019 on Jan 27 2020 -- I received an error message that
the Intuit Filing Center is not yet open for the tax season. When I called -- had to be
transferred and then on hold for quite a long time to be told the filing center for 1120S will
not open until February 3, 2020.
The software didn't give any error messages that forms were not ready -- Intuit has
dropped the ball on this one.
Thought this post might help others as I searched and searched while on hold with Intuit
and found nothing to help answer my question.

Thanks for the update!

The Intuit personal tax filing season was supposed to open today Jan 27, 2020, but the business tax season was supposed to open Jan 21st.

I got the same message.  If the IRS is accepting tax returns today 1/27/2020 then Intuit should have been prepared for them too. They are also charging me $120 when it should be free -- more than last year. I may not use TurboTax again!!  

THANK YOU for the February 3rd date for 1120S. That would have been nice to see that message on TurboTax, right?

THANK YOU DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the information.  So stupid that Intuit cannot tell us that upfront!!

sjh99

Does anyone know what the issue is with filing W2's and 1099's? The electronic filing is grayed out

Thanks!

gms2

Thanks for information.  Saved me much time on phone.  I already removed and re downloaded the program but to no avail.  You are correct.  Turbo-tax should give an error message giving the dates filing can occur.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies