turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why do I owe almost $900 on my state taxes I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx my name is Danielle W email Danielle R W xx@xxxxx.xxx thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Why do I owe almost $900 on my state taxes I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx my name is Danielle W email Danielle R W xx@xxxxx.xxx thank you

You can speak to a person, you just have to go through the procedure to do that. You can get TurboTax support contact information, including phone numbers, at this link: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp

Carl
Level 15

Understand that you are the only one that can see and access your tax return. Nobody here or at turbotax can see or access your tax return. So you'll have to provide much more details, starting with which state you are talking about. There are at least 37 states that tax personal income, and chances are slim that a guess on my part would be the right state.

You have to look at each line on your state return.  Which lines don't you understand or agree with?  One thing to check is the state withholding from your W2 box 17 or any 1099 withholding box 14.  

It could just be you didn't have enough state withholding taken out to cover the tax on your income.  Did you have a one time big income like a IRA withdraw?  Did you make any estimated payments or extension payment that aren't showing up?

This is a public internet forum so do not post any personal information that scammers can use to hurt you with. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies