Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

apradee
Returning Member

Vacant land under multimember LLC, capitalized mortgage interest and property taxes

I own vacant land and vacant commercial lots for investment with partners under a multi-member LLC. In 2019, we had no income and there was not property sale. We incurred significant costs for mortgage interest and property taxes. Since there is no income to deduct these costs against, how do I handle them? Specifically, how do I report them using Turbo Tax Business 2019 (I have the CD)? I report personal taxes using Turbo Tax Premium.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Vacant land under multimember LLC, capitalized mortgage interest and property taxes

Investment property? The interest is investment interest and the property taxes are deducted as property taxes. These can be capitalized if an election is made.
apradee
Returning Member

Yes, it's an investment property. Can you please guide me with steps to take? What do I need to within Turbo Tax Business for the LLC? At this point, it'll be an amendment. When I filed back in March, I had incorrectly classified these as rental expenses. I need to know what I need to do in future years as well.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies