Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

I think the issue has been partly solved. I just efiled both my Fed and CA state returns even though I have a SMLLC. I think I still need to submit the 586 form separately (not clear on that) but turbotax online did let me submit both.

someone on another thread here said they were told by intuit that the problem has been resolved. It would be nice to get clarity on if that meant 586 forms were submitted with it or just being able to file the rest of the state form.

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

Thanks for the update. It's unfortunate for the rest of us that already filed via snail mail. Pretty sad that 20 years into the 21st century, I found myself printing out tax forms, buying postage and dropping everything in the mailbox. A massive waste of my time.

Between this, virtually non-existent customer support, no moderation on these forums, and TT not e-filing the 568 in previous years, I will be seriously looking for another method to file for 2020.

madvee

Indeed. TT keeps sending old unusable links/ideas as opposed to resolving with good user experience. Pathetic

Brandy88

The same thing happened to me as well just found out for 2016!

Turbo Tax SUCKS! DONE with this! 

I am going to post how crappy turbo tax is and that NO ONE should use this! 

rcorea

How did you deal with this? FTB sent me a letter for missing CA 568 since 2015, the waiver link indicates the waiver can only be filed for the current year plus 2 previous years. Kinda in a pickle now I guess

I sent in all 568 from the missing years to FTB.   I didn't realize that FTB wasn't receiving eFiled 568 as part of personal return for single member LLC.   They also claimed I was late on the LLC $800 recapture tax and fined me for the periods.  A year later they found they made a mistake and the recapture tax was actually received on time and they refunded me the fines.  A bit stressful initially.

Does TurboTax Home and Business 2019 e-file California Form 568? 

Yes or No.  Do we have a definitive answer?  Thanks.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

There are questions in this thread about two different products.  TurboTax Business (for multi-member LLCs) and TurboTax Home & Business for individual filers. 

TurboTax Home & Business will e-file CA Form 568 only for single member LLCs.

@ReadyReturnNow

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

"TurboTax Home & Business will e-file CA Form 568 only for single member LLCs."

Is this true starting in 2019?

@AndreaC1's initial answer for this question on page 1, states the opposite:

"Form 568 for single-member LLC's can't be e-filed in any of the TurboTax product versions"

I filed my taxes online but there was no mention of mailing form 568

DawnC
Expert Alumni

2019 is the first year you can e-file Form 568 in TurboTax Home & Business.   Andrea's answer is to a question from a previous tax year.  @myuncle

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is this really true that I can e-file Single Member LLC Form 568 through Turbotax Home and Business (Desktop mac version)?  I just e-filed my personal federal and state return. I believe form 568 did not go along. There is a filled form 568 as part of my printing but there is a note stating that I have to mail it. How can I e-file Form 568? 

jane5446
Returning Member

Hi Kathryn- this was a very helpful response you had last year- wondering the same thing this year- can turbo tax e-file form 568 for single member LLCs? Thanks for any help you can give. - Jane

Yes. TurboTax does let you e-file the rest of your return and allow you to mail the 568 separately.

See TurboTax Expert AndreaC1's  answer:

TurboTax Business only handles the multi-member LLC, not single-member. If you are using
TurboTax Home & Business desktop version or Self-Employed online version, the Form 568 has to be printed and mailed.

Form 568 for single-member LLC's can't be e-filed in any of the TurboTax product versions.

jane5446
Returning Member

Hello! Are there other forms for a SMLLC that turbo tax will not e-file -besides the 568 (540 for example)? I'm  confused because my 568 was generated and it says it was e-filed but it sounds like that actually isn't the case?  I'm now worried I'll be submitting double since the form was generate in e-file and I plan to mail it in also. I already submitted the e-file waiver bc it was my understanding it would not be submitted w Turbo Tax.  Thanks for any insight.

Hi,

You are correct. Turbotax does not file the 568 for SMLLC. The 540 is e-filed with your Home & Business Turbotax. The forms 3536 (Estimated Fee for LLCs) and 3522 (LLC tax voucher) are also not filed by TT. For those you should create an account with MYFTBaccount with ftb.ca.gov for your business (as opposed for your personal CA income taxes which would have a separate MyFtbaccount). You can set up for the 3536 to be filed with the $900 in June and the 3522 to be filed in April with the $800. Tom

jane5446
Returning Member

Thanks for the help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies