This is my first year doing a real estate llc- do I have to have to file a texas and Georgia business return

If you have rental properties in both Georgia and Texas, then yes. I am not exactly sure what you are doing in the states since you just said real estate.

Normally a physical presence (employees or property) in a state will cause you to file in a state. Each state has lots of rules, so I would look into each state to see if you need to file.

This is my first year doing a real estate llc-

Doing what "exactly"? This *REALLY* matters, big time. Are you a real estate agent selling property? Maybe you are the sole owner of rental property in both states? Maybe not? Is it a single member LLC or multi member LLC?

All this matters because when it comes to taxes, you *could* be making the biggest mistake of your "business" that will cost you dearly down the road.