Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have to submit Form 5500-EZ - how do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

That form is not supported in any of the Turbo Tax programs ... https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5500ez.pdf

Feature request:  If TurboTax Home and Business is not going to include form 5500, it would be helpful to add an informational notice regarding the need to file form 5500-ez for sole proprietors when 401k balance exceeds $250,000.

TT will never have any 5500 information in the income tax program ... that is something the 401K manager should be taking care of for you or alerting you to the filing requirement so you can do it.  Talk to the 401K plan administrator to get that information. 

Yes I was searching 5500-EZ and could not find it.  I have to read about it on IRS website and discovered it is only required it is over 250K. 

It's not only when you are over $250K. You have to do it when you close the account too.

r9619

For the individual 401k, the individual -is- the plan manager.  This form is very easy to overlook and the penalties for late filing are very high!  I would love if there were a question in turbotax about whether this is an individual 401(k) and, if so, to provide a reminder to file the 5500 EZ.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies