turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"Sch K Box 17 Code V has been selected but no Section 199A income has been entered on Statement A." I HAVE 199A income entered on statement A. How can I fix this error?

Thank you Amy!  

"Sch K Box 17 Code V has been selected but no Section 199A income has been entered on Statement A." I HAVE 199A income entered on statement A. How can I fix this error?

I have a similar problem.  I left the box 17V number blank and entered the 199A info by line item at the end of the interview but for some reason it is plugging an incorrect number (very high) to the charitable contributions line on my return.  I double checked the K-1 form and the charitable contributions form and this number that is getting plugged doesn’t appear anywhere.  What is causing it and how do I fix it?   Thanks. 

Eshooter

This was a problem last year; is it repeating itself?  I am not able to enter any information that will satisfy this flag by the (not so) "smart check" feature in TTax. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Per ExpertDaveF1006:

"You do need to edit your K1 through the income section. You need to provide details about your Code V transaction. To provide the details, you need to look at your disclosure statement that came with your K1. Here's how to edit.

1. Log into Turbo Tax  if using Turbo Tax Online
  2. Go to federal>wages and income>S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts>show more
  3. Schedule K1>revisit
  4. Select update next to S corporations (Form 1120S)
  5. Select edit next to the K1 
  6. Scroll to where you entered the Box 17 information. Leave the amount blank. press continue.
  7. Select that your investment is at risk.
  8. The next few screens will ask you specific information about your 199A income. All this information should be on the disclosure statement that came with your K-1. This information you must enter in your return to claim QBI."
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mzow

I am having this same issue.  I have deleted the form and re-entered with no success.  I have also re-entered form and left out the amounts with no success. Also, restarted with another device with same result. 

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify which version of TurboTax you are using?

@mzow

Thank you for this suggestion.  This fixed my problem.

I entered the amount on the 199A Worksheet by Activity Line 1a Ordinary business income (loss).

This prompted me to enter this exact same amount on the 199A details page.

Once I did these two things, the calculations adjusted to my favor and the system allowed me to efile my federal returns.  

ccm62

I've been getting the same error for days. I tried your fix but it still isn't working.  I am entering a small loss this year. I've never had the problem before.

PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Please clarify the error you are receiving. Where are you entering "a small loss" and what "fix" have you tried?

@ccm62 

mzow

That was a year ago. I have since given up on Turbo Tax for good.

M.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, what was your issue that you given up on?

@mzow 

mzow

If you can acquire a refund for me for the amount I paid to do a return that I could not file because of a glitch in your software I would be happy to carry on this conversation. A reasonable since it is clear that the return was not completed.

Thanks,

Matt.

I am having this same issue Dave, this is the only issue preventing me from e-filing, regarding Schdule K-1 box 17 V-

The software says nothing is entered for Section 199A , however I have entered the information repeatedly (12 lines), saved it exited, re-entered, attempted to file, turbotax says "We need to make one more check" and "no section 199A income has been entered"

What am I missing?

Never mind - I found it! After going through the forms again and again, the right interview form finally came up. Don't know why it wasn't coming up before.

Hi,

Can you please let me know how you resolved this issue? i have been trying to fix this error for almost a week now! Appreciate you help!!

Thanks,

Raj.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies