turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1 Box 11 Code I Other Income

I have Code I Other Income from a K1 which TT does not direct to a schedule.  In the past, this used to be entered as Other Income on the 1040, but I have received some input that it must be entered on Schedule E.  Which is correct and why won't TT handle it properly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Assuming this is a 1065 K-1 (and it does matter) then we need quite a lot more details to be of any help. Amounts with code I are other items of income, gain, or loss not included in boxes 1 through 10 or reported in box 11 using codes A through H. The partnership should give you a description and the amount of your share for each of these items. Please see https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1065sk1.pdf page 9 first column, "Code I, Other Income (Loss)"

Generally, if the absolute only thing reported on the K-1 is income derived from rental property, it should all be reported as such in box 2 and/or 3 of a 1065-K-1. For example, if the tenant was late paying the rent and incurred a late payment fee, that fee is included as rent for that rental period and included in the amount in box 2.

Many thank.  Yes, this is a 1065 K1 for a Private Equity Limited Partnership (non-real estate) of which I am a passive partner.  The other income in question is as follows:

Bond amortization - $2023

Mgt. Fee Rebate - $527

Net Section 988 Gain - $64

Other Income from Pass through entities - $237

Total - $2851

Let me know if that helps give you enough to give me some further insight.

Thanks

BTW - I also have Code H Sub-part F income in Box 11 that I would also like help on relative to where it should go on the 1040.

Section 951A income. Report your section 951A income on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 21, or the comparable line of your income tax return. 

mars97

I have received information that says I should enter Other Income from my K1 box 11 code I into Schedule D, line 5, col. H.  I don't know how to manually enter them :(.  Any help is appreciated!

mikefestge
Returning Member

Other Income from Schedules K-1 does not come up to line 8a of Form 1040. 

Source of Other Income Statement Line 8 should be Sch K-1 Part III, line 11 In TurboTax for Windows, Premier and Deluxe.

2626Beckwith
Returning Member

Partnership worksheet Part III Line 11 properly shows the Code I other income I entered from the K-1 but this amount is NOT flowing through to Schedule E Page 2.  Any ideas for why this is happening and how to correct it?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies