Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I updated my direct deposit info for my 2nd stimulus, will you use the same information for my 3rd stimulus

I understand what your saying but why would Turbo Tax even ask me to update my banking information if it had nothing to do with it? doesn't make any sense at all.

Surley they would forward it to the IRS.

I updated my direct deposit info for my 2nd stimulus, will you use the same information for my 3rd stimulus

Ok So on the 2nd Stimulus they sent it to a closed bank and when it came back I updated my banking with turbo tax and they sent it to my updated banking.

So then surely for the 3rd stimulus it would just go to the updated aswell.

TT told you to go to the processing bank's site to update the info and TT cannot tell the IRS anything any more than I could make changes to your IRS account on your behalf. 

In the past the IRS was sending the refunds to the processing bank (even though they explicitly said they would not which caused a big mess )  and that bank needed updated deposit info  before they had to send the money back to the IRS as undeliverable.     

At no time was TT actually involved other than sending out informational emails.  Please understand that TT cannot legally touch your refund money in any way at any time ... that is why there is a third party processing bank in the middle.  

Turbo Tax had a Portal that's all I know and you login to Turbo Tax and update your new banking information their. whatever they do with that information is beyond me.

But once I updated it they paid me into the correct acccount. 

So Surley it would have to go into the alternative.

Below is Part of the email I was sent a few days ago by Turbo Tax them selfs.

The IRS has begun distributing a third round of stimulus payments.

We understand that you may have questions about where a third stimulus payment will be sent since you used the TurboTax Stimulus Portal to update your information with the second round of stimulus payments.

Here is what you can expect:

• If you filed your 2020 tax return and it has been processed by the IRS your stimulus will be sent to the account you provided in that return.
  • If you provided updated banking information via the TurboTax Stimulus Portal for the second stimulus, that information was given to the IRS so they could deposit a third stimulus payment in that account.
  • If a bank account the IRS has on file is closed and your bank rejects the payment, the IRS will either:
    • Deposit your stimulus check into the bank account you entered into the TurboTax portal, or
    • Send your stimulus by check to the address they have on file for you within 14 days.

@chadus83

The IRS only has the third party information for the temp account that was set up for the sole use of receiving the IRS refund and that account had to be reopened to accept the 2 stimulus payments made last year.  The processing bank has your current info so if the IRS sends the third payment  to the processing bank they will hopefully be able to forward the money to you again.  You do know that they are not required to do so and they are doing it free of charge so be patient with them if that is what happens again even though once again the IRS says they will send it to the taxpayers directly ... the old adage "don't spend it till you get it " is appropriate in this case and patience will be needed by all parties ... see what is posted on the processing bank's web site:    https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

1....jpg

Well Orginally it said the 17th it was being deposited and a few days after that date has now changed to the 26 this coming friday. still shows my old banking number but I heard that will just show still because thats the card that was on file. but they could be trying to send to the alternative card since it rejected.

otherwise it would say sent in the mail

So Good news my date changed yesterday from the 17th to the 26th so Fingers Crossed its gonna be sent to the correct account this time. it still shows the same banking details the last 4 digits etc. but I think thats just because of whats on my IRS file etc. finger crosseed

my date changed from 3/17 to 3/24. I still have recieved mine has anyone else?

I meant I haven't

It is now the 27th still no sign of my money.

I did use the Pay Pal Cash Card so maybe it takes a few days to show up on the account. I honestly don't understand why it would take so long

Cnaf2310
Returning Member

Yeah my new date on the irs website says April 2nd and they mailed a check so I don't believe.anything turbotax or the irs says because it was supposed to be deposited on the 24th

I dont know what to belive anymore either. you would think that a simple bank information should be enough or at least allow us some where on the IRS website to update it.

Soon as I login to the IRS website its asking me to basicly re update all my information. ridiculous

my direct deposit date changed twice with old bank info, then it changed to going to mail on the 4/1/2021.

it will just be my luck. it gets mailed to me.

Jasanlmorgan
Returning Member

Just curious what were your 2 direct deposits dates ? and when did the GMP site update your date to April 1st for the mailed check to go out ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies