Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nickbount10
Returning Member

I got a schedule K-1 (form 1065). I have some long-term gains in 9a, which appear as distributions, too, in 19A. What should be the income tax rate on this?

I have long-term capital gains in 9a that also appear as distributions in 19A. I thought these would get taxed at the long term capital gain rate of 15% but turbotax taxed this in 20%.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I got a schedule K-1 (form 1065). I have some long-term gains in 9a, which appear as distributions, too, in 19A. What should be the income tax rate on this?

9a is taxable as long-term gain and increases your tax basis. 19A is not taxable income but reduces your tax basis. why 20%? more income can have an affect on other items.  you would need to review the cap gain and qualified dividend worksheet to see how the gain is taxed. 

To provide a little more clarification, the capital gains rate can be 0%, 15% or 20%.

Your rate depends on your taxable income and filing status.

As was noted by @Mike9241 , you can see this determination by reviewing your capital gain tax worksheet within TT.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies