Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot transfer last year partnership K1 since I inadvertently checked "final" on 2022 K1. How do I correct other than filing amended return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I cannot transfer last year partnership K1 since I inadvertently checked "final" on 2022 K1. How do I correct other than filing amended return?

in Turbotax go back and uncheck 2022 was final.  this would be ok unless you did something else like closing out partners capital accounts. then an amended 1065 is in order. if not unmarking "final"  should allow transfer to 2023.  

Even after marking a return as final if you file another it will reactivate the partnership. you would have to amend last year's return  (and possibly the 1040s) if there were entries that have to be undone. just unmarking the box as final you don't have to amend, just start filing again

Thank you everyone in community for your help.  I tried calling Turbotax directly but they will not support me since I bought my software from someone other than Intuit.  Things have changed but everyone in Community, thank you; appreciate your help/support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies