turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jennisue

I am trying to delete form Sch SE_T. it says deleted, but then it is still there

My husband gets a housing allowance for clergy. we have to pay self employment tax on it. Apparantly, due to Covid we can defer half of it, and pay later. I don't want to do that. However, when I try to file, I keep getting a pop up that says I need to fill out this form, Sch SE-T. I do not want to defer, so i tried deleting the form, it says deleted, but then when I go back to my forms, it is still there and I can continue filiing without filing it out..please help:)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

I am trying to delete form Sch SE_T. it says deleted, but then it is still there

Yes, please do complete the Schedule SE-T.

The Schedule SE-T is  the schedule that calculates the self-employment tax for the "taxpayer" (1st taxpayer listed on the return) on his clergy income and housing allowance. It is linked to the clergy income subject to self-employment tax which is why you are unable to delete it.

The T following the schedule name is for the owner of the form, your husband the taxpayer.

It is not a part of deferring self-employment tax, but instead, calculating it.

Please do fill it out.

Schedule SE is where your self-employment tax is calculated. Clergy should have a W-2 that has wages in box 1 and boxes 2 through 6 are blank. If your W-2 does not look like that, you will need to apply special procedures in TurboTax. Clergy may also have a housing allowance that does not count as taxable wages but is subject to self-employment tax. Because clergy do not pay Social Security tax, their wages also are subject to self-employment tax. This is calculated on schedule SE. This calculates the self-employment tax on both the wages and the housing allowance. It has nothing to do with deferring half the tax and paying it later.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies