turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

u03236e

I am the sole owner of S.Corp. For, Mileage and Transportation Cost, Will it be part of the Business expense or personal expense?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I am the sole owner of S.Corp. For, Mileage and Transportation Cost, Will it be part of the Business expense or personal expense?

You are considered an employee of the S-Corporation and if you treat the mileage and transportation costs as a personal expense, tyu won't be able to take the expense on your 1040 return since employee business are no longer deductible.

Alternatively, the S-Corp could reimburse you and deduct the reimbursement.  One thing that you can't do is let the S-Corporation claim the expenses themselves, as the S-Corporation doesn't own the car.

I have a similar issue and am having trouble with the balance sheet in turbo tax adding up. First question, for the answer just given where does the S-corp reimbursement to the "employee" (the owner-employee) get logged? Is it a deduction "office expense" or other or ???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies