turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pbix
Level 2

How to download 1099 info into TT Business

I am the trustee of a trust that started in 2021.  So for the first time, I bought TT Business and I am using it to do the trust's return.  I also bought TT Deluxe and I am using it for my personal return.

When I go to enter interest or dividend income in TT Deluxe, I see a screen that says "Let us enter your 1099-INT" or "Let us enter your 1099-DIV".   These screens then allow me to download my 1099-INT or 1099-DIV information from my broker.  That way I don't have to type all the information in manually.

But when I go to do the same thing in TT Business, the screen just says, "Enter your interest income" or "Enter dividend income".  There is no opportunity to download the information from my broker.

That can't possibly be right, can it?  Surely TT Business allows me to download the information from my broker.  How do I get to that screen?  Help appreciated.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@pbix wrote:

....Surely TT Business allows me to download the information from my broker. 

No, unfortunately, TurboTax Business does not support any transfers or imports directly from brokers or other financial institutions (unlike the personal versions of TurboTax).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@pbix wrote:

....Surely TT Business allows me to download the information from my broker. 

No, unfortunately, TurboTax Business does not support any transfers or imports directly from brokers or other financial institutions (unlike the personal versions of TurboTax).

pbix
Level 2

Thanks for that answer, but it seems very unfortunate.  Isn't it obvious that a trust's investment transactions might be as complicated or more complicated than an individual's transactions, thus making the download capability highly desirable?  Intuit has all the downloading code, why not put it into TT Business?  I am very disappointed.  TT Business costs more than twice as much as TT Deluxe, so how can it not have this capability?  Intuit, are you listening?

Totally agree, TT Business should allow for the import of 1099, etc. info at least as well as the personal editions do!

BRECKMIKE

AGREE THAT MUST BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD BROKER INFO INTO TT BUSINESS

frankholt

how do I download a 1099DIV?

@frankholt wrote:

how do I download a 1099DIV?

Are you using TurboTax Business? If so, the program does not support downloading 1099s.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies