turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to allocate trust capital gain on a trustee return (form 1041) in a year that there are distributions to beneficiaries.

In addition, look at the section of your K-1 depicted in the screenshot below. You should see figures in Lines 3 and 4a.

Untitled.png

How to allocate trust capital gain on a trustee return (form 1041) in a year that there are distributions to beneficiaries.

You are right.  I have to restart Turbo tax.  Now K1 is right and very little tax ($17) under trust.  Now sure how the $17 occurs, but it is good enough.  Thank you so much!

yes I do see numbers on 3 and 4 on the K1.  How may I let Turbo tax know how great you are? thx

Glad it worked out for you. No problem and you are most welcome.

Hi, may I trouble you for another question?

May you share where to enter K1 information issued to a disregarded LLC information in 1041?  The LLC is wholly owned by the trust.  Thx

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies