turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hostexam
Returning Member

How Long does the California E-File Waiver Take for Approval?

I have a Form 568 that has to be mailed in because Turbo Tax has refused to support e-filing for it for years. So before I can print and mail it, I have to request a waiver here: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/tax-pros/efile/business-eFile-waiver-request.asp?WT.mc_id=akBEWaiver

But it says it has to be approved first, is it instant? 

Also, is this e-waiver step still required for single member LLC? The TT phone support agent was telling me it's only needed for multi-member llc's, I think he is wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, the waiver is instant.  

Yes, you do need the waiver if you are not e-filing Form 568.  You still have to file the 568 even if you are a SMLLC that is considered a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes.  You are not disregarded for CA state purposes, even if you are for federal.

TurboTax Home & Business will e-file your Form 568 if you only have one LLC and you do not use Schedule R to apportion or allocate your income between states.   If you have more than one LLC or apportion income on Schedule R, you will have to file the 568 by mail and use the waiver request.

CA LLC filing requirements 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hostexam
Returning Member

Okay. I did the waiver.

I only had ONE LLC, and No I did not use Schedule R.

But I just printed out and mailed my form 568, because the TT agent on the phone told me it had to be mailed, AND the instructions from turbo tax after filing said to mail it, see below, this is from TT: 

You are saying I did not need to mail it after all?  This is so much conflicting info on this from TurboTax

fdd190a64f3e9a397e29f8dab88f699f.png

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

There are a few other items that would cause you to have to mail the 568.  But when you are in Forms Mode, look at the bottom of the Form 568 - Is there a check-mark in the box?   If the box is not checked, the Form should e-file.  

This is something new that was added to the 2019 CA state software and I know  users that did not have to mail the Form 568.    But there are exceptions.   

It is not  going to hurt anything if you mailed it also and it may have been necessary.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies