turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FORM 568 - How to remove it from my retutrn

Why am i being forced to fill out form 568? I don't think I need to fill it out because I do not have an llc/corporation. I am a sole proprietor, registered with the IRS, and i have an EIN for my business.  How do i get form 568 off my return? I have looked all over and can find no place that lets me remove it from my return. Thank you for the assistance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

In the California interview, on the page "Business Summary", (you get there by clicking on the "Start" button next to "Business Summary" on the "Uncommon Income and Other California Adjustments" page), there's a "Note" that reads "if any of these businesses are a Single Member LLC for California, select edit next to that business."

Selecting "Edit" confirms that the business is a Single Member LLC and Form 568 is required.

To Delete CA Form 568 Limited Liability Company Return of Income for TurboTax Online:

• In the left-hand black menu, choose Tax Tools then Tools.
  •  Click on Delete a Form from the window that pops up.
  •  You should now see the Review Form List. Scroll down the list to the CA section and click Delete on Form 568.
  • You may get a pop up telling you additional worksheets and forms are being deleted. Approve and click delete.
  • You should come back to the Review Form List. Scroll to the bottom and click Continue with My Return.

Answer provided by TomYoung

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a single member LLC but it doesn't do any business in California. Why does it force me to file form 568?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Go back through the CA state interview and make sure you do not have any LLC income allocated to CA and see the definition of doing business in CA below.    In California, SMLLCs have the same filing requirements as an LLC.

If your LLC meets one or more of the following conditions:

Then your LLC must:

A SMLLC is not subject to the annual tax and fee if both of the following are true:

• They did not conduct any business in California during the tax year
  • Their tax year was 15 days or fewer

@silvertonbook   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AVP2072

Thank you so much!

I have a unique situation where I am an expat living outside the United states. However, I have some rental properties in California and a trading business (LLC) in Wyoming. I understand that I still owe rental income taxes in California, however my business has nothing to do in/with California, however, it kept showing up when the Federal info got transferred to my state return. I was able to eliminate the CA business forms based on your suggestion. Thanks again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies