turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filling in my IN K1 and my form IT-20S/IT-65 has a code 149 for Part 4, Line 5 (Addback/Deduction). It's a new code this year, but isn't available in the dropdown

New code for the year, hasn't been added to turbotax apparently yet.  How do I get this added so I can file my Indiana taxes?

In the what's new for 2021 section, IT-65 Indiana Instructions booklet says "A new add-back (149) is available.....
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Filling in my IN K1 and my form IT-20S/IT-65 has a code 149 for Part 4, Line 5 (Addback/Deduction). It's a new code this year, but isn't available in the dropdown

You are able to enter the business meal deduction add-back code 149 on Indiana Schedule 1.

In TurboTax online:

• At the screen Your 2021 Indiana taxes are ready for us to check
  • Click on Edit to the right of Here’s the Income and deductions.
  • Scroll down to Miscellaneous and
  • Click Start / Revisit to the right of Other Federal / State Differences.
  • Enter the add-back under Full deduction of business meals.
  • You may view the entry under Forms on Indiana Schedule 1.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So then I just ignore / don't fill in the value from the IT-20S/IT-65 form?

I spent almost two hours on the phone with Intuit support on Sunday and they have "logged an investigation".

[phone number removed]

It's literally a new code in Indiana this year, just needs added to the dropdown on the form.

Any update on this? Just leave it blank and submit? 

I followed the above instructions. TurboTax, however, will not let me eFile without a code for that Addback/Deduction. Any solutions?

FYI this did NOT work.  It put the value in TWICE in two different parts, and the form validation still complains about it.  And I'm afraid that if I blank the value out on the IT-65 then it won't match what is filed with the state.

I also called back a few days ago and spent another couple hours.  No progress.

Called back today and spent another hour and was told no actual internal investigation/ticket was ever actually logged so no progress and that I'd probably have to file an extension as they weren't sure they would be able to get it logged and fixed.

And now I just got an email that the Level1 support person can't actually create an "investigation" so is escalating to a manager to try and get the escalation created.

All because of a new code in Indiana that was published August 2021 and Intuit still hasn't updated the form for.  https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=15093  Page 3.

Map108

Hello

I had the same issue, now code 149 is there.  However, when I try to electronically file, Turbo Tax tells me Indiana has rejected because of missing code. There are no other items that require a code on IN K-1.  Has anybody else had this issue? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies