turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delete schedule 3

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TomK100
Expert Alumni

Delete schedule 3

Follow the directions below to remove an unwanted Schedule 3 Additional Credits and Payments.

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

Please see this Help article for other Tips and tricks concerning deleting other forms that may have  transferred from last year's return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Delete schedule 3

Except, it you added a credit or payment that *requires* a schedule 3 then it will just reappear again after deleting as long as the underlying reason for creating the schedule is still there.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.11.26 AM.jpg

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Delete schedule 3

been there done that, I am still told that the schedule 3 is in my tax forms.  One problem the program will not show me that schedule just tells me its there.  If it does not pertain to me then why are they not showing me.  My guess is that they want me to upgrade because I get an EIC credit.  If that is the case they could say something.  Now I have to start all over again with another program or just file the form through another tax company.  THANKS TURBOTAX FOR NOTHING BUT TAKING UP MY TIME.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Delete schedule 3

You can view the schedule 3 to see what is appearing on it. Please follow these instructions:

1. Find the "Tax Tools" option on your left menu bar and click on it

2. Click on "Tools"

3. Click on "View Tax Summary"

4. On the left menu bar see the option "Preview my 1040" and click on it to view form 1040 and schedule 1 to 3

You probably have a credit that is reducing your income tax listed on schedule 3.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies