Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can’t e-file schedule C

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:
Open your return.
Click the Online tab in the black bar across the top of TurboTax and select “Send Tax File to Agent”
This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t e-file schedule C

Disregard previous message. just sent file

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can’t e-file schedule C

Can you please reply with the token number?

Can’t e-file schedule C

Can’t e-file schedule C

To anyone reading this thread or still having a problem, I just switched to H&R block online and had my taxes submitted in 30 minutes.  I've used turbotax ever since I started doing taxes, so I didn't know any different.  H&R was pretty simple and quick.  Didn't roll over and die when I tried to submit my schedule C.  So long turbotax.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Can’t e-file schedule C

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

@nedflanders 

@Rb103 

@sqs2023 

@janice75 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Although this thread says "Solved", it is not really Solved. I still get the Schedule C error "We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by DATE--please check back with us then". (Turbotax Desktop Home and Business). As others have pointed out, DATE keeps moving back, and seems to be current date + 7 days. 

I had no problems filing with TaxAct (and have even received my state refund).

Interestingly, I had also paid 60 dollars for Turbotax Audit Defense which cannot possibly be used (since I used Taxact to file) but the company TaxAudit (dot com) declined to refund it saying it is a "bundle product" which is nonrefundable. So a non-refundable charge for an advertised and non-provided service that I actually paid for in the state of California. That is an interesting position to take, we shall see. 

akraev

Can’t e-file schedule C

Hi @AmyC

I've also been running into the same issue in TT Online. At the review step, I get the Schedule C error message "we're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms, please check back with us XXX."

I've transmitted my return to an agent with token number 1179740. Please let me know if there is a solution to this. 

Thank you

Can’t e-file schedule C

My advice: Take your taxes elsewhere if you are experiencing this issue.

I’ve Been waiting for TT to resolve this issue since filing opened and all they’ve done is push the date back further and further without explanation. Their customer service agents are useless and have terrible attitudes. All I know is this is a turbo tax issue and your taxes are most likely done right. I filed through HR block online and my taxes were accepted within minutes of transmitting. Good luck! 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Trying to e-file and I keep getting this message:

Window 1 - "Let's make sure everything is accurate. We're close to finishing up to e-file. But we found a couple little things on your federal return that need fixing. Let's take care of these now.

If you're not able to fix these issues, you will return to this screen and you can print the return by selecting File by Mail."

Then I click Fix Federal Return and Window 2 shows this:

"Schedule C (Retail): Wages Paid Schedule C -We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 02/19/2024-please check back with us then..

Wages Paid Schedule C _______"

///////

The wages are correct and I keep clicking continue and it brings me back to window 1

"Let's make sure everything is accurate. We're close to finishing up to e-file. But we found a couple little things on your federal return that need fixing. Let's take care of these now. If you're not able to fix these issues, you will return to this screen and you can print the return by selecting File by Mail."

Can’t e-file schedule C

Hi Annette,

When can we expect an update on this Schedule C issue? This is really frustrating to not understand what is going on.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Can’t e-file schedule C

@AmyC ,any updates on this?  I have been waiting to file my taxes since Feb 1.  Schedule C looks correct to me and according to the forms sites is available.  I have never had issues and have used Turbo Tax for over a decade.  I am using he desktop version, not online, so please don't tell me to clear my cookies.  I've worked in  IT for 25 years  and I know clearing cookies/cache does NOTHING for a desktop application.  It only works for web based applications.  I have sent my file to an agent.  Token# 1180865.  If you are unable to help, please let us know who should be contacted.  

Can’t e-file schedule C

I still get the error message "we are updating employee credits" and cannot efile. I updated the software. this is the desktop version. What should I do?

Can’t e-file schedule C

Still not solved here either. Keeps changing the date to check back 7+ days later.  Please fix this so we can file, or I'll have to think harder next year on which software to buy. Sad to say this because I've used TT for years with no trouble.  Small businesses don't have time to be playing around with programs that don't work. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies