Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am concerned that I am seeing so many folks out there with the issue not being able to eFile Schedule C.  Last week the initial issue was fixed with the updates regarding Schedule C and Form 8995. Is there any other errors you folks are getting.  I have to ask, but make no assumptions.  Have you saved your files, closed TT and relaunched getting the message that there are updates.  Or are you folks getting the Cannot eFile message after you performed the updates from last week?  I can see many others have been able to eFile now since the updates including myself.  And, I agree that unfortunately the support folks that answer when you call in are left in the dark regarding this original and any other issues that require de-bug.  I recently received an email with the following URL from TT to send a message to The Office of The President/CEO:  Maybe they will respond to you in one business day as they state in the window that opens up:  https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/office-of-the-president/

Can’t e-file schedule C

1. I am not using a computer disk or downloaded software. I am using Turbo Tax online. 

2. Support says Turbo Tax online updates automatically, no need for me to perform an upgrade. 

3. I have cleared cache, log off and logged back in. Still same weird error. 

4. How was this resolved for online users? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t e-file schedule C

im having the same issue with online. error wants me to fix Wages Paid on Schedule C but kicks me out with an error message---We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 02/14/2024--please check back with us then.. yesterday they told me to try back on 2/13. apparently they've been moving the date back every week.

Can’t e-file schedule C

And.....the date has been moved again. to 2/15. With essentially ZERO explanation about why this keeps getting pushed back. Unbelievable for hundreds of $$$$

Can’t e-file schedule C

UPDATE: Message now says forms will be ready by 2/15! And after another week of patiently dealing with push backs and little help from TT this issue still is not resolved. I’ve tried both the deluxe online self prepared version and purchased the software for my computer to only been told the same error message. I’m utterly shocked by this and am very thankful for all info on this thread. Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. Yesterday after reading through this thread I decided to jump ship and use another tax service HR block as recommended by many users in this thread. Inputted all the exact same information from TT, and was able to e-file my state and federal schedule c returns without any issue. Obviously this is a big problem TT cannot solve and continues to give its paying customers misinformation and misleading info. So very disappointing. TT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY - Take your taxes elsewhere. I promise you’ll thank me later. . Now let’s see how easy it is for me to get refunded for the $317 I’ve given TT for this years bunk tax service. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

The error date is just a generic date that is always set to a week from the current date.  It moves back every day, they aren't manually going in there are changing it.

I spent hours on the phone with support, and they got some of the dev team in on the call.  Basically they know it's a problem, they fixed it on the desktop software, but they don't know what to do to the online version.  They have no set date when it will be fixed.

I plan on giving it a few more days, then requesting a refund and filing somewhere else.  From this thread, I might try H&R?

Can’t e-file schedule C

The dates will keep changing. It's horrible. I removed the Schedule C number, file my taxes and will file an amended tax in a couple of weeks. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

It is not fixed on desktop. I am on desktop and it is still giving the same error.

Can’t e-file schedule C

The dates will keep changing. It's horrible. I removed the Schedule C number, file my taxes and will file an amended tax in a couple of weeks. I will add my employee wages in the amended form. I hate that I had to do this but Turbo Tax left me no option. Next year I am using HR Block. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Have you tried updating the desktop software?  From what support said, and from reading this thread, it sounds like they pushed an update that fixed it for desktop...

Can’t e-file schedule C

Yes, I updated this am. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

That is so strange..  once they release the update last week I was able to file my schedule C along with a lot of other people.  Wonder why its not working now..  I couldn’t imagine having to wait until the 15th for them to find a fix..  good luck..

Can’t e-file schedule C

The schedule C with employee wages still cannot be filed. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can’t e-file schedule C

I would like to take a deeper look at this. However, I need a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the directions below:

TurboTax Online:
Sign into your online account.
Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen. 
A drop-down will appear. Select Tools 
On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”
This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:
Open your return.
Click the Online tab in the black bar across the top of TurboTax and select “Send Tax File to Agent”
This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t e-file schedule C

Hi Amy

File sent

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies