Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Manny111348
Returning Member

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am getting this same error. It is specifically where I input wages payed to an employee.  If I remove it it will let me e-file. I'm getting a error saying I have to wait till February 9th, is this correct. Have been using TT for over 8 years now. This is the first time it's done it to me and made me wait.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Do the update and it should work now 

Manny111348
Returning Member

Can’t e-file schedule C

I did and still can't file, just out of curiosity does anyone else have employees? Entered the amount and have successfully e filed?

Can’t e-file schedule C

As of Feb 1, TurboTax Home and Business (Windows desktop) still says "Schedule C ... We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 02/08/2024--please check back with us then". Currently, I cannot e-file. 

Manny111348
Returning Member

Can’t e-file schedule C

That's the exact error I'm getting

Can’t e-file schedule C

And this morning, they moved the date again. now 2/9 for a fix. The update that corrected some Sch C problems did NOT fix this one. 

Goaly521

Can’t e-file schedule C

May i ask - is this preventing both federal and state e-file or just state?

I for one, can file federal online but TT Online says i have a tax situation that needs to be mailed in....but doesn't say what that situation is.

Manny111348
Returning Member

Can’t e-file schedule C

If it's saying that, you can't file. It only give you the option to mail them in. Supposedly it's a known issue. I just went with a different tax prep company for the first time in over 10 years. Filed perfectly fine with them. Requested a refund for this half baked software.

Can’t e-file schedule C

And it's now been moved yet another day to 2/10. This is really ridiculous.

Goaly521

Can’t e-file schedule C

2/10 - geeze. Are you going to file federal first and wait to see?

Can’t e-file schedule C

And moved again to 2/11. Wow. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same problem. We talked to support and they told us it was an IRS thing where they aren't accepting it yet... Sure feels like TT is dropping the ball and not owning up. And the date it says it will be ready keeps moving back. Already took our money too!

ee-ea
Level 15

Can’t e-file schedule C

@nedflanders 

If you believe that the IRS is omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient you most likely also believe in the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the world is flat and that President Reagan was wrong.  He said “The top nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'  The IRS being that part of government that helps you “render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.”

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am using Online and having the same issue. I am on hold with customer support right now. It's so annoying because I'm done with everything. Yesterday the date was 2/13/2024 but the form is available. 

Check This Entry:Schedule C (Real Estate): Wages Paid Schedule C --We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 02/14/2024--please check back with us then..

Can’t e-file schedule C

I called support and she had no clue, sat with her for 15 minutes and she tried everything but couldn't get it to work. I am going to a different platform. HR Block maybe. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies