Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

IT HAS BEEN FIXED with the update today 1/31/24. Verified with my return

Can’t e-file schedule C

So just checking before I try it again - the update fixed the problem with efiling with Schedule C?

Can’t e-file schedule C

It works now for me. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Still can't file. Now it says updating credits - should be ready by 2/7 before the date was 2/1.

Can’t e-file schedule C

It finally worked for me! Deluxe program.  Glad we were all having the same issues. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

thanks.  I just signed up on the link

Can’t e-file schedule C

great, I'll give it a try when I get home

Can’t e-file schedule C

Praise the powers to be!!!!!  Update was sent today and I was able to file everything!!  When you launch be sure to do the update.  I recommend you save your files, close the application and re-launch and then do the updates!  Thanks to all of us that supported one another  through this ordeal!!  Intuit hopefully will learn from this and if it happens again, they blast out a message in the future to all that have accounts.   Happy New Year to all!!  🙂

Can’t e-file schedule C

It's FIXED!!! There was an update today and I filed with schedule C. Thanks to everyone who supported the forum. Happy new year!

Can’t e-file schedule C

Oh and I just need to write one last comment as I just received an email back from The Office Of the President.  I had mentioned earlier that I sent an email to the CEO.  Here is what I received back even thought there was a "contact" link that I had used.

"Thank you for emailing Intuit. This inbox has been decommissioned and is no longer monitored.

If you have a concern with an Intuit product or service, you may contact our support by visiting https://www.intuit.com/support/

If you need further assistance you may submit a request here for a member of the Office of the President team to follow-up with you. Please note you will be asked to provide a case number from one of our support channels. 

Respectfully,

Intuit"

Laura68j

Can’t e-file schedule C

I'm having the same problem, don't let me e file. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

@Laura68j wrote:

I'm having the same problem, don't let me e file. 

A software update is now available
Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen
Click on Check for Updates

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same problem here! So maddening, this is my 11th year using turbo tax and probably my last as this problem is not being addressed in a timely manner and now I am receiving message telling me the forms for W-2 should be available by feb 7. About an hour ago the message stated the forms would be available by feb 1st! I even received an email at 5:03pm today stating the forms were available and I could finish filling my taxes. 

TURBO TAX YOU CAN DO BETTER!! To pay $317 for this is UNACCEPTABLE!!

Can’t e-file schedule C

I downloaded an update and was able to file the return tonight!

Can’t e-file schedule C

Its fixed just go to top one TT Desktop where it says online select update.

Submitted and both Accepted at federal and state 1040 + Schedule C

Thanks to Intuit CEO and the Turbo Tax Team for getting it fix quickly. 

*They should of created a global health posting to let us know vs having us rely on the blog. Maybe a pop up on  top of TT of your submitting forms Schedule C or etc wait until 1/31 etc vs helpdesk giving out incorrect information. 

I saw someone post support told you something about removing mortgage 

If any of those reps told you to delete a form lets say mortgage interest or property tax (high home prices states CA NY etc) you probably want to review that because that is incorrect and you should add them back or else you can lose out on SALT tax and mortgage interest deduction so instead of filing with intemized deduction (gets you a larger refund) by removing those mortgage interest you now claim standard deduction and lose out on those potential deductions. 

• 2023 Standard deduction is $13,850 for Single and $27,700 for married. As long your SALT w2 state tax+property tax is equal or above 10k and your mortgage interest is above 4k for singles file itemized, for married if mortgage interst is higher than 18k + 10k salt then you should itemized.  * at todays interest rates mortgage interest puts most new home owners in a bracket where its beneficial to itemized even if your single but it also depend on the cost of the home + your states property tax. This might not apply to all folks. This is a scenario where you pay 5k in state tax from w2 + 5 k in property tax + your mortgage interest.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies