Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Really.  It’s probably my state NY.   But ill wait to see.. 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Can’t e-file schedule C

This is a known issue in TurboTax that we are working to resolve. As soon as we have a resolution for you, it'll be shared on Community. While the issue is scheduled to be resolved by the end of 1/31, please do not attempt to file your return prior to 2/1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t e-file schedule C

No I’m in MA!

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thank you PatriciaV.  😀

Can’t e-file schedule C

Hello everyone again,

I just got off a call (again..6 calls in the last week) and was told that IT is aware of the issue and is working on it.  There is no ETA for a fix and they will do the "normal" update when ready.  So keep checking for updates.  In addition for now, for those of your that had mentioned it, you will not be able to eFile your State return until you can eFile your Federal return no matter what State you reside.  My concern again was that when you call in, most first line support personnel places you on hold to check with a supervisor or support team member to confirm that there is an issue.  They are not being told this upfront for some reason in order to save time.  Most of the front line folks have been really excellent in trying to help.  I have to give those folks credit once they understand the issue.  Some however, have offered erroneous information that can lead one to believe it is something else so be careful about making changes unless you are absolutely certain you know you had made some incorrect entries that have nothing to do with the issue at hand which is eFile versus Mailing due to Schedule C/Form 8995 (QBI).  If you are reporting income outside of a W2, TT will generate From 8995 and thus create a Schedule C.  Once that happens the issue crops up that you cannot eFile.  For example my Brother's return does not have a Schedule C and it will allow him to eFile.  Let's hope TT solves this issue soon also we can all get on with filing our 2023 taxes.  Hang in there.  Sorry for any typos.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Updates from the CEO. He will talk to the GM of TurboTax and get the right team on this so it can be resolved. 

I guess its a waiting game until i get direct updates from the GM. This should expedite the fix now that its escalated to the top. I'm actually surprise CEO was respnsive and more respect to Intuit, hang in tight folks a few more days.

Juan2023

Can’t e-file schedule C

Does any one have any updates on this issue?

Can’t e-file schedule C

Read 7 pages of the forum. These are the latest updates first it was that all forms are not ready, then it next was you cant efile until 1/29. Now its wait until February for updates and some states are not accepting e-files until 1/31.

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Can’t e-file schedule C

This is a known issue in TurboTax and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

The issue is scheduled to be resolved by the end of 1/31. Please do not file prior to 2/1. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thank you for the update

Can’t e-file schedule C

Just received an email that the General Business section is not going to be ready until 2/8. I see they have already changed the section when I went in as it loops back to needs review as if it’s ready. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

just getting old

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thank you for the update. Some refunds for software should be considered. I called yesterday and was on the phone over an hour. The tech sounded very uninformed and was telling me to delete my mortgage information and file as she was sure that was the reason for the problem. Glad I did not take her advice and remove it. 

IMG_3471.png

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am glad you did not either!  My first call last week, they had me remove 4 different files to no avail, until I did my own experiment as I outlined in the post I shared last night.

Can’t e-file schedule C

As of 2:11PM today January 30th 2024 Arizona time, there are still no updates when I launched TT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies