Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I think there is a bug with Schedule C in the section 27b of Energy Efficent  Commerical Buildings. Even if you put zero (0.00) it still thinks you have this expense. It forces you to send/mail in the form 7205 although you dont use this expense by default the app may be marking this entry as true. 

Please have your programmers review the if else  validation statements for this section. If users mark 0.00 for energy its requiring us to mail in the tax return. If TT updates this entry to not require us to mail in the form it should resolve the issue.

Also proabably form 7205 is not yet ready by IRS until 1.29.24

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same here. I know its their program. I did my sisters she cleans houses. Her taxes went through perfectly. So they did something that has trigerred this. At the beginning I did her taxes with a schedule C and they were accepted.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Nope. Still waiting. If they don’t have it corrected by 1/29. I’m just gonna file elsewhere. This is ridiculous. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

I have used TurboTax Home and Business for many years. Never had this issue. I don't believe is an IRS issue since the forms appear ready to file on the IRS side. I belief is a TurboTax issue filtering what can be process to avoid a clog in their capacity to hold returns before the 29th. If they can't describe what forms cannot be process that in itself is a generic hold not specific. Will see on tomorrow what happens?

Can’t e-file schedule C

I’m just stunned that no one from TurboTax is even trying any effort to fix this issue, yes let’s hope it will work tomorrow but this still won’t give us any guarantee it will work… we all pay money for the software and being pushed in the corner with no support is unacceptable..

Can’t e-file schedule C

I have scoured the web for WEEkS looking for others with the same issue.  I’ve called TurboTax 4 separate times to report the bug and I’ve never made it past the initial representative before being told “some forms are just not ready yet.”   I got as far as screensharing and showing the person what we are seeing and THEY reached out to tech support, but came back on the line with the same excuse as the other 3.. wait till the 29th.

Whats even more frustrating is that if you have a schedule c that is simple enough to do on the TurboTax online version, IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO E-file!!!!   

And even MORE maddening… is that you can export/import that online version you CAN efile,  to. TurboTax Desktop… and it will stop you from the efile with the same reasons about a form… if it wasn’t that I had already spent money on desktop,  I should’ve just done online.   Seems like a scam to get some that are anxious to just file online and pay up another fee.  

Can’t e-file schedule C

All the answers here are all lies. I suggest everyone wait until tomorrow 1/29/2024. Earlier in the month I filed my taxes which included a portion of self employment. I checked today. My taxes have been accepted and that have been processed. So it is something they turned off after people started filing early. We just need to wait. That is the best answer I have right now. I have gotten earliest refund date 02/12/2024. Which is consistent with IRS saying they will hold tax refund that include earned income credit u til mid feb.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I find it a bit far fetched to say  it’s just “coincidental” that 4 pages worth TurboTax users  are saying they have the SAME identical problem….  As I said and a few others-online version works flawlessly.   This issue seems to be isolated to desktop 

Can’t e-file schedule C

I agree with BVALDES67 completely as I too have had a file be successfully "efiled" with a "sched C" attached earlier on and after an update the issue began. Waiting game for now , until I decide to go to an alternative platform (and there are many). I hope it doesn't come to that though.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am currently trying to e-file as today is when the IRS accepts returns but I cannot e-file either, it says some forms cannot be e-filed. Did anyone find any other information on this topic?

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thanks for posting. We are hoping they will supply an update soon to remedy this issue but I have been suggesting to people to also at least call support ad put in a complaint so that the issue is addressed more rapidly.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same issue here. I have efiled the same forms for 20 years on TT Deluxe on PC Now it says I can't efile because of forms. It doesn't say which forms

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am getting the same error. I figured it might have something to do with waiting until the 29th, but it still isn't working. Thank you to everyone who has posted. Hopefully Intuit gets this figured out so we can all file today.

Jenny407

Can’t e-file schedule C

It is still not allowing to e-file schedule c. Have any of you had any luck? 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same, but now they’re saying wait till tomorrow 🤔

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies