Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same for me cant file Schedule C, I have no issue filing the personal part, as soon i enter one single letter in the business part it wont let me file anymore only by paper. Turbotax Home & Business! 

Hopefully this will be resolved asap! 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thanks for posting. As you can see I am active on this post. In my last post I expressed where I am currently with this situation. I am hoping that we are waiting for an update to fix this issue. I would add that some schedule C efile attempts where able to be done several days ago but around the 18th is when this issue started. I also know that the IRS has changed the efile date to the 29th. It was an earlier date before. Please come back if you get it resolved as I will do the same.

Thank you

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thanks for posting. I posted the screenshot just to show that e-file dates have changed according to the IRS regardless of the program you use. I use home&business but I think this is irrelevant as we have people here with various versions having the same issue. Hitting review does not expose any more clarity and just runs you back in a circle towards attempting to file. I have thoroughly checked and all my forms are ready for print and efile. This is likely an update issue through intuit.  I do appreciate you jumping in and trying to help. I hope I was clear and not to be argumentative. 

Thank you Critter

Can’t e-file schedule C

Has any of you been successful filing with a Schedule C? I'm having the same issue, Turbo Tax Deluxe desktop. I got updates this morning and still can't e-file. Thanks!

Cproffitt3
Returning Member

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same issue here trying to file a schedule C and two W2s.  The schedule C is preventing me from efiling. If anyone gets any additional info please update the thread! Thanks. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thanks for posting. I am pretty active on this thread. I check it everyday and will always come back with any info. I was just doing a screen share with turbotax customer rep and they could not offer any remedy as of yet. I believe this will have to result in a future update but maybe not enough people have complained yet. I am using the Jan 29th efile date as my measuring stick for when this issue will pick up more steam. By the way I am on HOMEandBUSINESS an am not allowed to file efile. Before it was the schedule C prohibiting this but after today's update {which I was hoping would help) now even with the Sched C deleted it still won't let me efile.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I was hoping after the update this morning that it would be resolved. It seems like we are all in the same boat and TT doesn’t have any answers. They keep saying to check the tool to see which forms are available but clearly there is an issue with the Desktop Schedule C forms. I wonder if it is the same issue with TT online. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

I know its a problem with their system. They are just saying that we have to wait. It is a glitch that they have. I know. Because some people I know have been able to file and others have not. They just have not fixed it. As far as I am concerned. This is negligence. If this does not get fixed or they do not put out a statement. It will be legally worst for them. I hate being patronized. I want answers.

Can’t e-file schedule C

thank you so much for posting. By the way are you on PC or MAC and what operating system? This is one aspect we have not commented on.

Can’t e-file schedule C

By the way are you on PC or MAC and what operating system? This is one aspect we have not commented on.

Can’t e-file schedule C

It’s definitely a glitch in their part and the schedule C has been ready. Even the note that shows an error for me says the form was ready on 1/15. I’ve been checking every day and still the same error. Btw I am using TT Online. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am currently using a PC with Windows 11. 

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am also using a PC with windows 11.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Oh WOW! Thanks for posting. I was so surprised to see you are using TT online. I thought this was a software issue. If this problem occurs online as well , then it's a bigger issue than I thought. BTW I have contacted TT support and even let them share my screen twice and they could not solve the issue. Let's hope for an update soon.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I have this situation too. TurboTax Deluxe, download/desktop version. Won't let me e-file unless I take out my Schedule C. The software didn't tell me it was a problem with Schedule C, I just guessed then found this thread. So I 'll wait until after 1/29, it looks like from this thread. But also what ticks me off is that I subscribed to the Advantage plan that's supposed to let me have support but that's not available either. We're left guessing for ourselves with no definitive answers. Just let us know what's up. So what happens if 1/29 comes & goes and this is still a problem???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies