turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bjlepple

Can someone tell me how to remove the check mark . in part 11 of disposition of s corporation shares 1a. i did not sell any of my shares

(form 1120s)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Can someone tell me how to remove the check mark . in part 11 of disposition of s corporation shares 1a. i did not sell any of my shares

Can you be more specific? Which form (or which screen in the TurboTax program) are you referring to? 

By "part 11" do you mean "Part II"? Further, where are you seeing "1a"?

I am having the same problem.  This is for a K-1 Part II Line 1A.  I did not dispose of any shares, but the program is checking the box.  

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Part II of an S-corporation K-1 schedule doesn't have any numeric lines on it as follows:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry, to be more specific, it is saying Sch K-1 Wks-s Part II line 1a

Niks
Level 2

I am having the same issue. How did you resolve it?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

If you are working on a Form 1120S in TurboTax Business, go to Business Info>>About Your Business>>Has an Ownership Change and check the entries there.

If you have an S Corp Schedule K-1 for you Form 1040 preparation, go to the interview questions and check to make sure the box is not checked for "this S Corp ended in 2019". 

HSS
Level 1

I am having the same problem, for my 2021 tax return.  The program will not let me file the 1040 Fed tax return  unless I do check the K-1 Part II Line 1A box.  But, I did not dispose of any shares. 

You might want to contact Support, @HSS 

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

HSS
Level 1

I did go to business section of 1040 and under business info, found program has automatically selected "sold business in Year___.   I unchecked box and if fixed problem.  Thank you.

jeffisk
Returning Member

Per the answer below: "business section of 1040 and under business info", where is this section? I just spent an hour looking through all of the forms and did not find this box. @HSS 

Thanks

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

It depends if you're using TurboTax Desktop or TurboTax Online.  

To find the screen in TurboTax Online please follow these steps:

1. Within your tax return click on Income & Expenses at the top of the screen
  2. Click Edit/Add for your Schedule K-1
  3. Click Update for the type of K-1 you need to correct
  4. Click Edit to change the info for the K-1
  5. Click Continue until you get to the XXX - More  Info screen
  6. Uncheck the box This xxx ended in 2021

To find the screen in TurboTax Desktop please follow these steps:

1. Within your tax return click on Federal Taxes at the top of the screen and Wages & Income
  2. Click I'll choose what I work on
  3. Scroll down to Business Items and click Update for Schedules K-1, Q
  4. Answer Yes to review your K-1, click Update for the type of K-1 you need to correct, and Edit for the issuing company
  5. Answer the questions until you get to the Describe the Partnership screen
  6. Uncheck the box This xxx ended in 2021

@jeffisk

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies