turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CGAZ
Level 2

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Single Member LLC Filing

I have a single member LLC that received pass through K1 income form another LLC, do report the income by filing a return for my single member LLC or do I report this income on my personal taxes, I live in AZ BTW.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Report it on your personal taxes.   If you have a single member LLC, it is considered a disregarded entity and is reported on your personal tax return.  

Your single member LLC income and expenses are reported on your Schedule C.  The link has instructions

The K-1 from the other LLC gets reported on your Schedule E.   The link has instructions

@CGAZ - You will need TurboTax Self-Employed to report both activities if you are using the Online version.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CGAZ
Level 2

I am employed (W2), my single member LLC is a side investment issue that I have income and expenses to report...couple things, number 1, can I still use schedule C for expenses from LLC on my personal return?  and 2, I know exactly what the LLC income is but have not received the K1 as of yet, should I enter everything I have and file and pay taxes or file an extension until I receive K1?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

1 - Yes, your single member LLC will report income and expense on Schedule C which gets filed with your personal return.

2 -  Yes, enter what you have, but do not file yet.   Don't file until you get the K-1.   But, you should still pay what you owe, if anything, by Monday.   When you make a payment to the IRS, they will automatically give your the extension.   Use the link below.  

Get an extension when you make a payment    @CGAZ

CGAZ
Level 2

The investment gain or income that I made from my LLC...where do I file this investment income, I did not participate in the company that will issue the K1 and have no expenses?

@CGAZ   There should NOT be a Schedule C.  

You would enter the estimated income as a K-1 to estimate how much tax that you owe.  When you actually receive the K-1, then you will change the numbers that you entered to reflect what is on the K-1.

Be aware that what you actually RECEIVED may not necessarily be anything what the K-1 shows as taxable.  What you receive (distributions) and what is taxable(income) can be very different.

CGAZ
Level 2

I live in AZ and lived in my home for 15 years, sold this home in 2020 and took a -$75k loss,  can I take depreciation adjustment on my AZ State return?  I never rented or took home office deductions. 

CGAZ
Level 2

I live in AZ and lived in my home for 15 years, sold this home in 2020 and took a -$75k loss,  can I take depreciation adjustment on my AZ State return?  I never rented or took home office deductions. 

CGAZ
Level 2

JulieC14
Expert Alumni

No.  A loss on the sale of your main home or a vacation home is not deductible. This is considered a personal loss and isn't deductible for tax purposes.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies