Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-MISC Report "Rents" paid is rejected via TurboTax Quick Employer Form e-file

I really don't understand why my e-file of 1099-MISC is rejected. The payment reported is entirely the "Rents" that paid for office space. It should be the appropriate form to use.

The rental expense has been reported using 1099-Misc for years. How come it is suddenly rejected this time? Is it a mistake from IRS?
I have tried to send an email to the support team but it is failed. Anyone has the contact number of the support team?
Please advise.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

1099-MISC Report "Rents" paid is rejected via TurboTax Quick Employer Form e-file

Yes call and let them know.  There have been other posts too.

Contact Customer Service

(You need to pick the CD/Download program in the product drop down box.) 
5am-5pm Pacific Time Monday -Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I have the same problem and called; after spending an hour on the phone I received only links for information. My tax accountant told me 1099MISC is the correct form to file for rent. I cannot tell from the email I received from Quick Employer Forms if they rejected the 1099MISC or if the IRS did. I believe  Quick Employer Forms never filed my 1099MISC.

Thanks

So what are you going to do next?

May I suggest you order the forms directly online and get them mailed to you for free ... then fill them in manually and mail the red copies as directed.  

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns

Thanks for your advice.

Order has been made. I will file 1099-MISC manually then.

However, it is a problem that TurboTax the Quick Employer Forms service needs to address. From the community, lots of tax prayers do have same problem too.

I ordered the forms also from IRS. While waiting to receive the forms, I decided to pull up my 1099MISC at Quick Employer Forms and attempt to file. It was successfully filed. Such a headache.

I should have said, I was able to file the form and received confirmation that it was accepted.

I will try to re-efile 1099-MISC  again at QEF platform. I hope this time it will be accepted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies