kmueller

My K-1 for form 1065 has the wrong SSN on it. Can i still file my return since everything else is correct and ask that the sender update his 1065 with the corrected K-1?

ToddL

Sure, you can file the return using the K-1 information you have already (plus your correct SSN).

You are required to report all your income, whether or not someone else reports it to the IRS. If the preparer didn't list your SSN correctly on this K-1, that just means the IRS won't know you had whatever income, deductions, credits that were reported on the K-1. That doesn't mean you can't report it. 

Depending on what was on the K-1 (and whether the preparer sends a corrected copy to the IRS), you may get a letter from the IRS asking for additional information or an explanation. If that happens, just send them a letter with the explanation.