Solved: My business closed in 2015 and there was no business activity in 2016. Do I need to file something anyway????????

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My business closed in 2015 and there was no business activity in 2016. Do I need to file something anyway????????

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 5

My business closed in 2015 and there was no business activity in 2016. Do I need to file something anyway????????

No, not if there is nothing to report and you filed a Schedule C.  However, if you filed as a Partnership (Form 1065) or S-Corp (Form 1120S), then you do have to file a Final tax return for the business to close it out.  (This is not required for a Schedule C business.).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 5

No, not if there is nothing to report and you filed a Schedule C.  However, if you filed as a Partnership (Form 1065) or S-Corp (Form 1120S), then you do have to file a Final tax return for the business to close it out.  (This is not required for a Schedule C business.).

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings