msmucker

Married filing jointly, with separate sole proprietorships, how do we add these businesses in Turbotax? Do I add my spouses business under my information?

SeanE1

You would create a married filing jointly, (MFJ) tax return and produce two Schedule C's, one for your business and one for your spouse's business. Then Turbotax takes the net income/loss from both businesses and combines the result on your MFJ 1040.

SeanE1

You would create a married filing jointly, (MFJ) tax return and produce two Schedule C's, one for your business and one for your spouse's business. Then Turbotax takes the net income/loss from both businesses and combines the result on line 12 your 2016 MFJ 1040.