mz923

Itemized deduction entered in Turbo tax equal $33,565 why is it only allowing me the standard deduction of $26,600 on my turbo tax work sheet?

Texas Roger

Not all itemized deductions are fully deductible. Only the amount of medical expenses in excess of 7.5% of your AGI are deductible. The limit for SALT deductions (property taxes, state income or sales taxes, other deductible taxes) is a maximum of $10,000. There are also some limitations on mortgage interest for higher mortgage amounts. 

If you are using the CD/download product installed on your computer, go to forms mode and use the Open Form feature at the top of the left column to open Schedule A to see what is entered on it and confirm that the entries are correct.