Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DaveNHL

Is there a problem with Schedule E? I do not have to file Form 1099, but it will not let me leave the line blank that asks "If yes, did you file required forms"

Part of the Schedule E asks if there were payments made that require me to file a Form(s) 1099. I did NOT have to file any, and answered NO.

The next line says "If Yes, did you or will you file all required Form(s) 1099?" Since I answered no, I should be able to leave this blank, because I am not filing any 1099 forms, but it will not let me leave this blank, nor will it let me put in either answer (Yes or No) and proceed.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is there a problem with Schedule E? I do not have to file Form 1099, but it will not let me leave the line blank that asks "If yes, did you file required forms"

Yep, having the same problem.  Were you able to find a workaround?

DaveNHL

I did. I deleted the entire section and filled it back in again. I was very careful the second time to make sure that I didn't accidently check the "form required" box. And it worked. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies