turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

figmentty

Does anyone know about Schedule K-1 for Estates?

I have an  amount in box 11 c on a schedule K-1 for estates.  I entered the amount into the program and then I am asked a question about passive loss carryover for 2016.  Which as far as i know is 0.  I'm assuming i just either leave it blank or put zero in.  My Schedule E page 2 only has the estate name and the EIN and nothing else.  The amount in box 11 c shows up on Schedule D. Do I need to do anything else with it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JaneK
Returning Member

If your  1041 ( estates) Sch K-1 information only have box 11c ( long term capital loss carry over ) and nothing else, then your Sch E page 2 Part III will only report the Estate name and EIN. The amount in box 11c is reported on Sch D line 12  ( Net long term capital gain or loss from partnership, S-corporation, Estates and Trust Sch K-1's).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JaneK
Returning Member

If your  1041 ( estates) Sch K-1 information only have box 11c ( long term capital loss carry over ) and nothing else, then your Sch E page 2 Part III will only report the Estate name and EIN. The amount in box 11c is reported on Sch D line 12  ( Net long term capital gain or loss from partnership, S-corporation, Estates and Trust Sch K-1's).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies