turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LLC and W-2 filing

I work and I have started our own corporation (LLC) with partners. Is there a product that I can use to handle both components W-2 and LLC activity?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

LLC and W-2 filing

To file a return for a partnership/multi-member LLC (Form 1065) you'll need TurboTax Business to file for your business taxes (which can generate W-2's for you). You'll then need to submit a 1040, 1040EZ, or 1040A for your personal taxes. To compare personal tax prep products, please see the TurboTax Online Product Guide and the 2016 TurboTax CD/Download Product Guide.

However, if you're in business for yourself and haven't incorporated or created an LLC, use TurboTax Self-Employed instead. This program will prepare the Schedule C for your business as well as the right 1040 form for you. To see how to generate forms using TurboTax Self Employed or TurboTax Home & Business, please see this TurboTax FAQ.

To prepare forms in TurboTax Business, please see the following TurboTax FAQ:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301188

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MollsBBU

LLC and W-2 filing

To file a return for a partnership/multi-member LLC (Form 1065) you'll need TurboTax Business to file for your business taxes (which can generate W-2's for you). You'll then need to submit a 1040, 1040EZ, or 1040A for your personal taxes. To compare personal tax prep products, please see the TurboTax Online Product Guide and the 2016 TurboTax CD/Download Product Guide.

However, if you're in business for yourself and haven't incorporated or created an LLC, use TurboTax Self-Employed instead. This program will prepare the Schedule C for your business as well as the right 1040 form for you. To see how to generate forms using TurboTax Self Employed or TurboTax Home & Business, please see this TurboTax FAQ.

To prepare forms in TurboTax Business, please see the following TurboTax FAQ:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301188

LLC and W-2 filing

If I remember TT-business: when you click prepare W-2 it expects you to have figured out the net pay, all taxes yourself, you just punch the numbers in.

I need help taking gross pay and breaking down into the various W-2 numbers??   I could not find any help in TT-business for what I believe is a basic business need.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies