Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Misa1987
Returning Member

I started a sole business back in 2016 that didn't generate any income or expenses. Didnt file.however it did generate a lil income in 2021will i be in alot of trouble?

I started a sole proprietorship business back in 2016 that didn't generate any income or expenses..I have never filed..since the business was not running.. however it finally generated a lil income in 2021...what can I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I started a sole business back in 2016 that didn't generate any income or expenses. Didnt file.however it did generate a lil income in 2021will i be in alot of trouble?

How did you support yourself from 2016 to 2020?  see a tax pro to go over your situation.

Misa1987
Returning Member

This was a side business...i have a w2 job. I do file for that

What did you set up for your sole business? Likely you were only required to file Sch C anyway. And if you had no income or expenses then there would be no requirement to file that. Just file the correct form in 2021 and report that income and any expenses related to the business. Unless there is a certain kind of legal entity the IRS does not require returns to be filed each year regardless of activity.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies