Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a K1 from my business, and they also provided a Schedule K-3, but there appears to be no way to enter the K-3 information into TurboTax deluxe desktop version.

When I run the error check, the missing K-3 is flagged as an error.  My questions are:
1. When will TurboTax fix this?
2. I have seen posts where it says to file a PDF of the K-3.  Does efiling through TurboTax allow for adding a PDF file to the electronic submission of a federal return?

Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a K1 from my business, and they also provided a Schedule K-3, but there appears to be no way to enter the K-3 information into TurboTax deluxe desktop version.

K-3 info won't be out til later this year because the IRS has not finalized the form. then the partnership/s-corp/trust must issue the k-3 info which will be even later. some had said not until August (?).  so your choices are to uncheck the k-3 box and file without the info, (when issued there may actually be nothing on the form that affects your return) and amend later if necessary or file for an extension.

the IRS has actually waived providing most of the k-3 info for 2021.  however, it's on that form that you will have any foreign tax credit info.  

also, a question, what will TurboTax do. maybe you've noticed that in TT some k-1 items are marked with a ** which means the program can not handle the info automatically.  in many cases that's no problem because the info is irrelevant for most taxpayers. others (?)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

K-3 info won't be out til later this year because the IRS has not finalized the form. then the partnership/s-corp/trust must issue the k-3 info which will be even later. some had said not until August (?).  so your choices are to uncheck the k-3 box and file without the info, (when issued there may actually be nothing on the form that affects your return) and amend later if necessary or file for an extension.

the IRS has actually waived providing most of the k-3 info for 2021.  however, it's on that form that you will have any foreign tax credit info.  

also, a question, what will TurboTax do. maybe you've noticed that in TT some k-1 items are marked with a ** which means the program can not handle the info automatically.  in many cases that's no problem because the info is irrelevant for most taxpayers. others (?)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies