debbiepatt18

I received a 1009-Misc for the my value of legal services benefits, where do I find schedule 1 in replacement for schedule c

Instructions from my 1099Misc give specific instructions as to how to file for this income, since it is NOT from self employment, My instructions show to file schedule 1 and not a schedule C but it looks like turbo tax wont give me this option

HelenaC

If this is one time non-wage income that needs to be reported on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), Line 21, enter it as follows:

1. Under the Federal Taxes tab, select Wages & Income.
  2. Select I'll choose what I work on.
  3. On the Your 2018 Income Summary screen, scroll down to Less Common Income, select Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  4. On the Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income screen, scroll down to Other reportable income.
  5. On the next page, you'll see Executor's fees, answer Yes.
  6. On the Other Taxable Income screen, enter your information.
  7. Continue with the onscreen interview until complete.

Related information:

HelenaC

2. Select I'll choose what I work on.

Related information: