TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
698 people found this useful

When do I need to report income from a side job?

You need to report all earned income from a side job, freelance work or any other self-employment. Even if you didn’t receive a 1099-MISC, you still report any cash, personal checks or credit card payments related to your side job. Follow this link for steps to enter your income from self-employment.

When you’re self-employed, you’ll also want to review your expenses. If they are work-related expenses, you can deduct them.